Saturday, December 6, 2008

The weekend from Hell part 2

"but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread. "
-Lord of the Rings
(I bet you thought I only knew Jane Austen quotes)

I need to update my title to the weeks from Hell.
Anyway a few days into the floor replacement our installer ended up in the hospital.(bad luck loves to follow me). Anyway he sent a back up whom worked nights so we were displaced a few more days at my mom's house. In the meantime, I was in charge of hosting the Stake Baptism today, making a part of the primary presidency presents and this month I get to do sharing time.
Anyway as I have said we survived and I am beginning to love the dust that has coated my entire house from knocking out the tile. We still have to put the baseboards back on and buy some rugs but, it looks awesome.


Mark, meanwhile, is onto his next project, it arrived on Friday.
Luckily, the kids were not included.

Although the instructions state an Adult Helper is required, Mark has enlisted Anna.


4 comments:

Shelley said...

I LOVE the colors of your floors! VERY nice. And what a fun new project! At least it is an outdoor one so you can stay put this time!

Unknown said...

Your floor looks great! I am excited to come and see it all done.

Heather said...

Beautiful floor, Carrie! Your playset looks like it will be super fun! Hope we can come play sometime..

Jill said...

I can clearly see that you will need to host a party for us to come and celebrate your new floors! They are beautiful!!