
Anna is on my naughty list. How can one child be so agreeable, likable, and just all around a pleasant child, be such a thorn in my side?
Tuesday morning Anna said to me,
" I want you to be a nice mommy today."
"Okay" I smile at her and give her a big hug.
An hour later I tell her for the umpteenth time to stop jumping on my bed and come get her hair done or I am taking away a Barbie. The jumping stops she turns and says, with her hands on her hips,
"I TOLD you to be a nice mommy today!"
AHHH, Discipline the difference between "a nice mommy" and "a mean one."
Friday, Anna decides that a the new floor is missing a pathway and takes it upon herself to draw a path with a black crayon from the garage door, through the kitchen, through the living room into my bedroom across the carpet to the bathroom. I am sure this pathway will save valuable seconds for anyone on a potty emergency. AHHHHH. (How many times do I have to tell her crayons are for paper, not walls, floors, sisters or furniture.)So anyway I tell her she cannot sit by Micah on the special Christmas Blanket in the Primary Christmas Nativity. The waterworks start to roll. I feel horrible and don't want to have discipline her so I give in a little and tell her she has to wipe it all up and has to be super good the rest of the evening. Then Anna turns on her charms. She turns into a total angel. So I let her sit by buddies Micah and Ava.
So what does she do today, she finds a marker (technically not a crayon) and colors all over her arms.
I keep repeating to myself she is three, she is three. I hope we both survive 2 more months until she turns 4.
6 comments:
I feel the same way at times. The reason they are so cute etc. is for survival. You gotta love those little girls.
My kids hate coloring...crayons, markers, pens, pencils, you name it. I used to think I didn't like this...thanks for changing my mind!
Every child is a nightmare at 3-4 years old, in my experience! Read "1-2-3 Magic" by Dr. Thomas Phelan- it has helped me so much and helped me keep some sanity!!
Turning 4 only helps a bit. At least i can say that I like Rickee (most of the time). I feel your pain.
Isn't it a good thing she's cute?
That is too funny. Isn't it great that you documented that, one day you will look back and laugh while you cry. I love it (I can say that because it was your child and not mine!)
Post a Comment