Friday, September 18, 2009

Back in Black


So I have never been a big AC/DC fan (okay who am I kidding, I was a huge fan back in the day), anyway there is a AC/DC Tribute Band who has made a remake of Back in Back and it is a absolutely great running song. So I told you I really have no conviction so I am back. So here is a little bullet point list of what's the Vaders have been up to.

  • Mark had nose surgery last friday and thought he was going to run the Top of Utah Marathon tomorrow. (I prayed that he wouldn't feel up to it and he doesn't, (yea for me) I don't have to be a single parent for another weekend, he was absolutely useless for days after the last marathon)
  • I hade a little doctor's office procedure that involved heavy narcotics and I have come to the realization that me and pain meds don't mix. I am not addicted or anything, they just make me down right crazy (fun for Mark, that's usually where I direct all my craziness).

  • Emma was struggle with health issuses and school issues which was adding to my craziness, but apparently she is now fine.

  • Anna has become my worst enemy. She and I have a very special relationship, she asks for something and I get it for her. She pretty much has always had her way with me. Mark mentioned to me that I have no backbone with her, to which I have been trying to develop one and we are constantly butting heads. Anna is seriously the most stubborn person I know.
  • We went to Yellowstone on vacay and had a blast. The girls and Mark thought it was hilarious to call it Poopystone. (Yea, potty humor, got to love it). When we were there we saw a Bison(they are NOT buffalo, people, sorry this is one of my pet peeves lately) going poopy to which Emma exclaimed, "Look Dad, it really is Poopystone."
  • Addie is hilarious, she loves nursery and has become very bossy. The cutest thing she is saying is "mean mommy" or "mean daddy", oh well you can't win them all.



8 comments:

Rekehl Johnson said...

Yeah you're back! I FEEL your pain about blogging. I too have a constant battle with myself about do it or not. That is probably why there is such a length of time in between my posts because I've usually decided no more, and then something will pull me back in. I wish I could just sit and take 15 minutes to blog, but for some reason I feel such pressure and when I'm done with an entry it's been 8 hours or 1-2 days editing. It drives me crazy!! I wish I could just let go and write and not stress! So if you keep blogging, maybe I will too because in the long run I really do love to read others blogs because you get insight into them that even a normal one on one conversation you don't get. So I'm glad you're back blogging!

- Rekehl

Heather said...

Thanks for the update, Carrie, I missed you! You blog for people like me that don't get to see you often, right? Thanks! :)
The bathroom humor thing cracks me up... even your husband is in on it?

Crystal said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you're back on the wagon (or is it off the wagon). I love seeing pics of your cute family!

Jill said...

THUNDER!!!! (sorry, just a little song in my head that was brought on by your title)

I am glad you are back blogging. Everytime I feel like giving up the blog, I go back and read all my previous posts. It's so fun to re-read things that would have otherwise been forgotten. For some reason blogging is much easier than journal writing. The only time I get in a funk is when I think I need to write for the entertainment of others. When it comes to down to it, I mostly just write things I want to remember or random things that I think about.:-) PS you guys are an awesome family!

Oh and next time you need to share your pain killers with the rest of us. We can have a party! lol

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

I deleted my second comment. No worries, it was just full of swear words, gossip, confessions, and dirty jokes...you didn't miss much...lol OR maybe I accidently posted the same comment twice and got rid of one. :-)

Shauna said...

It's great to hear what you have been up to. Sorry about all the health issues. I love Yellowstone also. My family has pictures on that same bear. Very fun! Hope all is on they up swing and going better! Let's do lunch real soon. I miss you!!!!

Linda Barton said...

To quote a cute little tune, sometimes you need to "...let loose, from the noose." When I feel "thunderstruck," and on the "Highway to @#*&" I try to remember that if I "listen to the money talk" I am "Back in black" before I know it.
When I have a "problem child" that I want to "shake all night long" it can be difficult. It helps to remember "who made who", and you are the boss. And finally, if you need "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" sorry, I don't know anyone who can help.
Welcome back! Thanks for the stroll down AC/DC memory lane. hope it made you smile.
P.S. When feeling desperate, don't go for the "T.N.T. and Dynamite". You shouldn't just "shoot to thrill"...that stuff is just too dangerous.