Oh wait, I mean the Temple. I am so blessed to live within a half hour of 6 Temples. I was talking to a friend last week about her experience attending a session in the Draper Temple. She commented, "It was nice, but I probably won't go back, it took a half hour to get there and we had to make an appointment." Jokingly we commented, what wimps we are and how extremely blessed we are to live were we do.

I watched the Jordan River Temple being built everyday at recess when I was in the second grade. I have always taken the Jordan River Temple for granted. I remember thinking once, "Why would you get married in the Jordan River Temple, it is so ordinary?" Over the years, I have come to absolutely cherish the Jordan River Temple. For a short time I worked as a reception in the Jordan River Temple (a receptionist is the little old ladies who tell you where to go and show you your locker). I was pregnant at the time and constantly nauseous but, every time I entered the Temple, I felt perfectly fine.
So anyway, I was leaving Target this morning, after spending way to much money, and looked towards the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It stands on a hill over looking the Salt Lake Valley from the west. What a beautiful Temple. I grabbed my camera and off Addie and I went on picture taking adventure.

7 comments:
Those pictures are great...I love having the temples so close too.
Great pictures!
Awesome pictures!
I love that we have such a beautiful temple walking distance! Love those pics! We're very lucky to have Target...temples so close!
I also took everything in Utah that the church has to offer for granted. Now that we are 3 1/2 hours from a temple, we love to go when we are home! 9 hours to do 1 session. I am so glad your girls get to see the temple often. My kids constantly ask if these mega churches are temples!!
I was wondering where those pics came from. I thought they were professional. Very beautiful!!! On my way home from my moms we can see the Draper, Jordan River and Oquirrh Mountain temple at the same time. Every time I see them I am reminded how lucky we are to have so many close by. i need to take better advantage of them. Thanks for the reminder!
I am thankful for Target - I mean all the temples we have around us too. We forget our blessings often because they are always there for us.
- Rekehl
Post a Comment