Saturday, April 18, 2009

26.2 flu-filled miles.




Have you met my superman? Mr. Vader ( I call him Sweety for short) ran 26.2 miles while still suffering from the effects of the flu. If you ever get stranded anywhere, take this guy with you, he'll get out out safely, no matter what.
We are all so proud of him. Emma and Anna got to run the last quarter mile with him.Go Mark!


Oh yeah, I ran a much less impressive race-distance today too and improved my turtle-like time by about 3 minutes. Go ME!
(By the way, I am running the Salt Lake Half Marathon next year, anyone want to join me, you have a year to train.)

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, Mark is amazing. That's awesome. He could have just wimped out and said, "I've got the nasty FLU!". Instead he trucked right through it. I am impressed! Way to go Mark/Carrie!

Unknown said...

Way to go Mark! You are amazing! Good job to you too Carrie! :)

Jenni said...

Wow, you guys are both amazing! I would love to rabbit-walk a marathon, but it maight take several days and no one willing to walk with me. I'll just keep being very impressed when people like you guys actually do it and finish. You're my hero's! Way to go Mark for finishing while being sick! You're awesome!

Shelley said...

I couldn't even walk 26.2 miles, especially not with the flu. WOW! You guys rock!

Crystal said...

Way to go both of you! I'm impressed. We had so much fun with Emma. Jacob & Micah want to know when they can have another sleepover :)

Young Family said...

Way to go Mark. That is awesome!

No Carrie I will not run a half marathon with you. But who is going to run with me then?

Michele K. Nigliazzo said...

Wow! I can't believe he is even related to me. I think that is a first in our entire genetic history! WOOO HOOO brother!! That is amazing!!!

Jill said...

I am serioulsy going to train like crazy all year long. I will be there to run with you...that last Quarter of a mile!! Wish me luck!

Shauna said...

Mark is absolutely amazing. people train for a year to do a marathon and he says, oh, i think i will run a marathon next month and i will do it sick! You are totally awesome Mark!!! Carrie, great job improving your time. It's better than not running at all. You two amaze me!

Kris Romeril said...

Congrats Mark! We think you are awesome, a little crazy but awesome all the same.

Carrie, YES! I will be at the start line with you for the half marathon. I am sure you will pass me during the first 1K but then I will see you at the finish line.

JP and Sarah said...

Way to go Mark! I can barely run a half mile. Are you going to start doing mini-triathlons with Jody now? You should!