(An Email sent to my dear friend Candy, Candy was still single at the time and Emma was 16 months old.)

So just to share why being single and going to work everyday is a good thing.
The day from hell started at 2 am this morning. Emma had previously decided, sleeping in her crib was boring but to dive out of it head first would be a good idea. So Mark and I got her a big girl bed. How fun, no not really. At the afore mention 2 am she decides she has had
enough of the new bed and begins pounding on her door screaming. So I get up to get her bring in bed with us and she falls right back asleep. So I let her sleep there for about a half hour and then return her to her room, only to have her instantly wake up screaming at the top of
her lungs. So I decide I do not have the energy to let her cry, I let her sleep with us. Fine, except for the fact that Mark has to be up at 6:00 to go on a business trip which promptly wakes Emma up for the morning. AHHH. So we're up, myself getting about 4 hours of sleep (which for a pregnant lady is not nearly enough).
I then go to change her diaper and she has had a blow out all over the place. I get that cleaned up and then go into the office to check my email and notice that the cat has thrown up on the carpet and pooped in one of Emma's dresser drawers, which we took out of her room because
she has also figured out how to pull them completely out of the dresser. So I am cleaning up throw up and poop and start dry heaving then I begin to throw up. This mind you is all before 9 am.
Now Emma hates her new bed and won't take a nap so I have a cranky little girl and no husband to rescue me or her.
(I just like to complain, We will survive, but isn't motherhood fun)
6 comments:
Days like those are precious. Good news...it is now January 1st and you SURVIVED! :) Sometimes I wonder why I REALLY wanted to sign up for this stuff...
I always liked Pres. Packer's advice from stake confrence a few years ago...he said,"Cheer up! It'll get worse!" I see his prophetic wisdom in that statement EVERY day!
Love ya,,, hang in there
linda
That's funny!
I remenber that email in fact I have it saved due some other advice you gave me that was profound in one way or another. I think I was frecking out about Joey or somthing like that. That was just before we got engaged. Funny thing now is I can totally relate I have had nights like that not totally like that but pretty closed to it. :-)
Can
Seriously?? You are pregnant...what the...how did I not know this? Bob and Sheri were just here too and they didn't say a word....nice! Congrats!
just to stop any rumors, this is a really old email I found when I was pregnant with Anna, when Emma was a toddler/
Post a Comment