

I have decided that the sock monster that is invading Tammy's house has sent its cousin the silverware monster to my house. One would think that silverware is pretty hard to loose, not at my house. So about a year ago I noticed every time I bought yogurt I would start missing spoons. Well I caught the Spoon Monster (Anna) and have sufficiently informed her (threatened her) that the silver spoons we use with our yogurt are not disposable. So that does not explain where my forks and knives are. I am down to about 5 forks and 3 knives. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is ridiculous. If I find the culprit I'll let you know. I just don't know where they have all gone. Maybe the sock monster is holding them hostage??
6 comments:
Oh! We have THAT problem too!!! I have started buying sliverware at the dollar store (I think you can get 3 for $1.00- maybe more if you look really hard.) I have found ours in the trash, too! But I ahve also found them twisted into the strangest weapons (along with paperclips, safety pins, bobby pins, and (get this) fingernail clipers. I also think that there are other monsters, such as the tape, scissors, glue stick, finger nail clipper, and chapstick monsters. No matter how many of those I buy, I can NEVER find a single one when I need them!!!
I have never heard of the silverware monster taking forks and knives. Usually he likes spoons for trying to dig to China. Maybe that's it...Anna dug to China and now they are sneaking in taking your knives and forks because they are sick of trying to eat with sticks!!
Our secret--Sam's club sells boxes of plastic forks and plastic spoons. We don't wash, we toss. Life's too short to wash dishes 3+ times a day. We only bring out the "good" stuff (actual silverware) when the "good" company (Vaders) come over...:)
We have that problem too. It started when my big kids started doing the dishes. I am missing 2 big mixing bowls. I'm thinking if they toss it they don't have to wash it. I want to go all plastic and paper too, thanks marianne.
Oh crap...it's always something. They have $1 packs of silverware at Walmart! It would at least be cheap in case the monster doesn't leave your house! :)
Hey, I did my part in thwarting the silverware monster that one day. So you should have at least the three spoons I brought back to you. Or did the monster strike again? I will be on the lookout for silverware hording fiends! He may be traveling with an accomplice who has a bunch of socks! :)
Post a Comment