Monday, December 14, 2009

"I would help you but...

then you would just have a free hand to shop more."

logo92x33.gif

Got to love that hubby of mine. We went to IKEA on a date ($1 swedish meatball dinner) saturday night to get some christmas present for the girls. I decided to not get a cart since all we were getting was two pieces of furniture in the warehouse part of IKEA and I knew that they had big carts there. As I wandered through the store I kept noticing, that I needed things, a couple rolls of paper, a rug, a lamp for Anna, storage boxes, the list goes on and on, which I now have to carry myself. I kept dropping things and had to stop multiple times to rearrange the items in my arms. At the very moment, I was going to give up and relent to Mark giving me a lecture on how we were there only for 2 things, my clever hubby cuts me off before I can even ask for help.
(This is why I am no longer taking him to Costco too.)

4 comments:

Marianne said...

That's funny. What a Mark thing to say. I have to always grab a cart, even if I am in there for one tiny thing...because I have no willpower. :(

Crystal said...

I was thinking the same thing as Marianne-- What a Mark thing to say! He's lucky he didn't get smacked in the head with one of your treasures!

Kersten said...

I love the Swedish meatballs. I do however hate the way Ikea feels like a maze.

Linda Barton said...

That sounds like something Brent might say....good luck with that. :)