Friday, July 10, 2009

The nectar of the Gods, Shrek and the Tour.

Okay, so I have decided to stop drinking soda,( Tammy Trainor calls in the Nectar of the Gods and I agree) so I have tried to quit but, it hasn't worked. I have dramatically cut down, instead of my normal daily 32 to 44 ounces of Diet Dr. Pepper I have cut down to less than a can a day. Impressive, I know. I tell Mark that I have quit and he says " Its easy you do it every day." He is not very supportive helping me overcoming my addiction.

Shrek is a few days away. I cannot believe it. I cannot believe, I said yes to wandering around the desert with emotional teenagers for four days. Up until about a week ago, I was secretly wishing that I would break my ankle. I'll be fine, so if you have read previous posts about my Marky, you know he can do anything and come out just fine. So I am just going to follow his lead.

Oh funny thing, Kris Romeril summed it up the best when he said "Mark is the most insane person I know." (running a marathon with the flu and such adventures) . I add this about Mark, he is like uber smart, maybe bordering on brilliance. So I now call Mark, insanely brilliant it fits perfect.


So don't tell Mark but, I have a secret crush on Lance Armstrong. Mark and I started to watch the Tour de France when we were first married and every July we reconnect our cable to spend countless hours watch grown men in very tight clothing, beat the hell out of their body. Its like they run a marathon everyday for 3 weeks, talk about insane.
Someone once said watching the Tour was like watching paint dry, but for some reason Mark and I are fascinated to death about it. However, I just realized that we will miss the final week, so nobody spill the beans and tell me anything, I want watch it when I get home.

Wish me and Lance luck.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck Carrie! I know you will do a great job! The kids in your family will be lucky to have you and Mark as their parents. :) (Since you have been hoping you would break your ankle I hope it doesn't happen when you are bording the bus to come back home!)

Heather said...

You are so funny, Carrie! Good luck at shrek, I know you'll love it!

Shauna said...

I can't believe you are quitting "The Nectar'! You were the only one who really understood me! Now I am alone! You are going to do awesome on shrek! Your kids will love you! I wish I could be in your family. Remember: Attitude is everything so pick a good one!

Shelley said...

Have a great time! It says a lot about you that you got "chosen" to be a parent. I know they want to pick awesome people who will give the kids the experience of a lifetime. Maybe it's a good thing you gave up your Dr. Pepper too...I don't think they let you smuggle that on trek!

Michele said...

Good luck with Trek. I can't wait to hear about it!! Do you have your pioneer story ready?

Rekehl Johnson said...

I feel your pain. I too have given up the nectar of the gods - in my case pure straight unadulterated coke. I'm "told" it's a good thing, but I admit I want one right now! I have replaced it with a special concoction that is helping me get through the wants. Can of Sprite Zero, about a 1/2 cup of Cranberry Raspberry Light juice, and a splash of orange juice, and lots of ice (it's the orange juice that makes it.) The nurse at St. Marks Hospital gave this to me everyday when I had Ethan and it's tasty and I don't miss coke that much anymore. Give it a try and sorry if you get Tanner in your Trek Family...he is a teenage boy...

- Rekehl

Crystal said...

You and Mark will be great at Shrek. Your family will have the funnest time. You will be adored by your kids, and Mark will make fun of them in his clever way that they won't know if he's serious or not. Good luck quitting the Nectar.

Mia said...

What's Lance got on Mark? Insane and brilliant, runs marathons with swine flu, AND you can call him Marky Mark. He's got the stuff!

Tammy said...

You are SO funny, Carrie!!!

One great thing about sweet, sweet nectar....you can always go back to it! When you are having a bad day or a headache, just give in and enjoy the sweet joy it brings:)