On Tuesday, I took my cute little daughters to the Open House of the Draper. We were so excited. At the last minute Mark couldn't come with us, so I thought I don't care I am going to brave it alone with the girls. The girls were angels. Emma had a million questions (very Emma-like), Anna reverently took everything in (very Anna-like), and Adelie, who was suppose to be napping, was wide awake and very curious. As I walked in the celestial room with my little girls, I felt the security of our family being together forever.
After the temple, we enjoyed some cookies and water, the girls were still being angels (who's kids did I bring, these couldn't possible be mine). As we were leaving, I had the girls stand in front of the "Come Unto Christ" picture to snap a picture.
This where my daughters reappeared. This is the only picture I got because after I took this picture the girls started shoving each other. "She's touching me." Oh joy. I grap my camera, purse and diaperbag and usher the girls out the door. Aparently, the irony of this situation was not lost on the other people standing around the picture as when I saw my girls shoving each other, giggles from onlookers where very audible. AHHHH, good grief. So I corral my girls on to the bus, them still fighting. We get back to the wardhouse, I think, I grab everything and head to the car. At this point, Anna yells at Emma "I hate you!" So we might be bound together forever but, that doesn't mean we have to like it.
Honestly, except for the last 25 minutes of our outing, I thought what a great family I have. I thank the Lord for them everyday ( I also ask him for patience not to strangle them.)
By the way in all the mayhem, I left my camera on the bus. Luckily, I got it back today. I guess I was blessed for trying to do something good with my family.
8 comments:
You're so awesome for taking them by yourself! It's great the little ones can see it, so when we talk about it, they know what we're saying. What a great experience!
What a good mom you are for making the effort to take those cute girls all by yourself! It must be something in the cookies or water because that's about when my boys started acting up also. (Luckily their daddy and grandma were there to help me.;)) I'm glad you all had a good experience IN the temple, that's the most important.
I was toying with the idea of taking my kid by myself...maybe we will just head home 25 min earlier. lol
I am glad they behaved for you MOST of the time! I am always willing to take what I can get when my kids are behaving abnormally well. Maybe they put something in those cookies...
Gotta love kids!
Wow,on what other bus could you get your camera back? The Church is true!!!!Hee-hee.
Sounds like you had a nice time ...er..something.
Your experience sounds much better than ours. Ethan has been pointing to the temple yelling "Jesus house" forever so we thought he would love to go on the tour. He was good for 10 minutes and screamed the rest of the entire time. He kept telling the people in front of us to "move it." We were assigned the green bus and it didn't come for 25 minutes and he threw a major screaming fit the entire time. Love him, but he IS SO NOT going to the Oquirrh Temple open house.
- Rekehl
You are so funny. At least they were reverent in the temple and who cares what other people think, you are doing what you were suppose to be doing.
Post a Comment