Anyway I am in a bit of funk and have been coming up with new rules to live by to get me out of it.
Rule #1: Sweats and a t-shirt (especially one of Mark's t-shirt) should never leave the house on me.
Rule #2: A pony tail is not a hairstyle for everyday of the week.
Rule #3: Some form of make up must be applied every day. I am to old and have to many lines and blemishes to go natural.
Rule #3: Pajamas should not be worn to take the garbage out. The neighbors should not be subjected the Jaguar print PJ's, even if they are really comfy.
Rule #4: Cookies are not for breakfast and no lying to the the girls that Zeppy ate their cookies.
Rule #5: Running is fun. A working ipod is not an absolute must to work out.
Rule #6: Pancakes are not an acceptable dinner more than once a week.
Rule #7: Water is more important than a 44 ounce Diet Dr. Pepper. (this is going be the toughest one)
Rule # 8: The dishes are not optional.
Rule #9: Crafts are fun.
Rule # 10: It is not to cold to finish painting my wet bar.
Rule #11: Baking cookies and cakes do not need to be done every day. If I worked at a bakery this would be fine because I could sell them or give them away instead of eating them all my self.
Rule #12: "In just a minute" should not mean "in an hour or so". My poor girls.
Rule # 13: No blogging in PJ's, if I have time to blog, I have time to get dressed.
Rule # 14: The Wii Fit is not the enemy.
Rule # 15: Go get a pedicure.
I am sure there will be more rules to come but, I feel better already. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. If there is a rule of your own you would like to add please let me know, I would love to hear them.
9 comments:
I love your rules!
It has been a week of PJs, no make-up, and messy house for me. And it's true, you get in a funk for awhile and it's hard to get out of it. But I did take a shower and get dressed in real clothes today (even if it was 3pm). :) Now I guess I should tackle the enormous pile of laundry that is taking over my craft room.
I have found that listening to a General Conference address on my computer does wonders for my mood. You can play it while you are slapping some make up on.:-) It's a super easy "pick me up".
Also I have found that getting up before the kids is a great way to start the day. For some reason when I make the choice to get out of bed and start something productive it's so much easier than being forced out of bed by hungry children who want me to get the toaster down. It also makes me feel less guilty when I make breakfast rather than come down and find they've had a bag of Doritos infront of the TV instead of something breakfasty :-)
Another suggestion is to wait for January to be over. Everyone I know is in a FUNK!! I am serioulsy looking forward to the Chocolate extravaganza of Valentines Day!!
I don't know about your rules girl. PJ's are my best friend! It's good to set some goals though. Good luck with the Dr. Pepper!!!
Some of those rules suck. Why on earth must you get dressed to take out the garbage? Running is not fun. It is called a work out. WORK does not equal fun.
I do like the pedicure rule. Call me, I could use a pedicure.
Are those rules really for me? Have you seen me take the garbage out in my pajamas too many times? And I'm sure the make-up thing is about me too. At least you have a dog to blame the "missing" cookies on. If you feel the urge to bake, I'd happily take the finished products off your hands :)
I didn't know I was in a funk until I read your blog. So here are a few rules I needed:
1. diet coke is not breakfast.
2. just because lime is in diet coke doesn't mean you've met your daily fruit requirement.
Last of all, not a rule, just FYI,(something I'm sure I know nothing about) if you eat chocolate covered cinnamon bears and drink an unhealthy amount of diet coke after midnight....you WILL throw-up.(We're not teenagers anymore)
I had to make a rule for myself...I must have a bra on every day, along with many rules you have too!
Laugh, Laugh, Laugh. I love your PJ's. I think they are totally appropriate for any daily activity.
Post a Comment